Job Title: System Admin – Cloud & Hadoop Support
Job Category: Product Development
Job Code: BT/CHE/019
Location: Chennai, India
- Principally responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Big Data infrastructure
- Work as part of our operational team and participate in and provide expertise to development teams
- Ensure Big Data environment is secure, healthy, backed up, and ready for all contingencies
- Monitor and troubleshoot Big Data clusters using a variety of open source and proprietary toolsets
- Manage user and group access to various Big Data resources
- Data capacity and node forecasting and planning
- Perform operating system, service level, and application updates, patches etc.
- Evaluate and propose new tools and technologies to meet the needs of the organization
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Design and deploy AWS solution based on given requirements
- Migrating an existing on-premises multi-tier application to AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Document configurations and upgrade procedures.
Education and Experience Requirement
- BE / BTech graduates / MCA / or M Sc (CS or IT) from reputed institutes.
- 2 years in system admin and 2+ years of experience in installing, configuring, monitoring, and administering large Hadoop clusters.
- Experience or strong understanding of Hadoop architecture including HDFS, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, Oozie, HBase, Hue and ZooKeeper.
- Understanding of open source messaging systems and complex event processors including Flume, Kafka, Storm and multiple JMS implementations (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, etc).
- Strong understanding of best practices and standards for Hadoop application design and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, OS level file system and network troubleshooting.
- Expertise in at least one enterprise-scale RDBMS.
- Experience running a monitoring system — and participating in an on-call rotation.
- Experience in Design and deploy in AWS.
- Migrating an existing on-premises multi-tier application to AWS.
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
Salary: Best in the industry